I redrafted the sweetheart neckline .5″ higher than the pattern had it. But when I did I goofed.
I have unpicked the understitching and pressed it all flat again before I realized that I need this picture to show you the result I’m going to be fixing:
I left too much unsupported curve in the open area of the neckline and didn’t make the bottom “Vee” well enough defined. I’ll leave in some curve. Sharp angles would be equally awkward.
I have yet to reshape the sleeves to accomodate the shoulder pads, perfect the fitting through the torso and sew up the side seams as well as hem the garment so I should have a finished dress in a few days.
I also have decided to forego store-bought “foundation garments”. I will use what I have and may find time to build a waist cinch type of thing, but I just can’t bring myself to suffer any more than I have to. The bra I’m wearing in the photo above will be just fine.