I really like the new Wall Street Journal’s blog, Heard on the Runway. It’s updated repeatedly throughout the day and links to free WSJ articles for more indepth coverage.
It’s not just a photo blog of runway collections, it covers a wide scope of news of the fashion industry.
The writers offer background information as well as photos. This is the stuff I like to know about.
I’m not going to give away any of the fascinating details but offer this list to raise your curiosity:
- Agents for designers: DMA, or the Designers Management Agency
- New marketing directions among men’s fashion designers
- The changing shape of competition for pay among models
- Diane von Furstenburg’s efforts as director of CFDA to guide the industry toward more healthy weight models
- Bono and wife, Ali Hewson’s answer to the skinny model question
- The revival of the Vionnet label (Yay!!!)
I hope this blog just keeps on grinding out the news. I’ll definitely be reading!