This dress from acrylic knit is lined with silk weight power dry and has longer blousing at the waist. The ribbing at neckline, cuffs and hem is the same rayon used on the first wool knit
So now I have 3 versions of this pattern and I like how the ribbing at the bottom naturally pegs the hemline. The pattern has you cut the hemline ribbing in two pieces but joining this nasty ribbing results in a seam that can cause it to flare out as you can see above.
I had a short bit of metallic silk I used to make a scarf. I cut the fabric in half, seamed it end to end and used the 3-thread rolled hem to finish all the edges. It was tough to keep the fabric under the serger foot, it kept wanting to slip out from under the needles, so I had to pull the fabric to the right (using my left hand) as it came out from the serger foot.
Sometimes the simplest things take lots of extra time and care! I still haven’t used the pattern for the mobius scarf accessory and perhaps I should on the next version of this dress.
I have so much of this ribbing that I am tempted to use the latest free download from Hot Patterns to make a shrug from it. You can find the download here . It’s only available at Fabric.com.
I like this pattern for winter knit dresses. Easy!