The anorak is shaping up. It’s not finished yet but this is the first try on.
How to line the hood has taken days to ponder since I am not buying new fabrics and only shop the stash. And I had to think about the faux fur trim issue.
I wanted something very silky to protect my wildly curly hair from being dragged by the hood fabric but could only find solid colored charmeuse in the stash. Then I checked the linings held in a black plastic bag and found this well aged silk, just waiting
I had 3 different types of faux fur to use to edge the hood. It’s pretty on the Onion version though, and is the proper thing to do on an anorak. But decided I didn’t want to be bothered with feathery fur at the edges of my vision while I am working.
Then placing the pattern became the next thing to ponder
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. It’s pretty but not too fashionista for the garden environment
I used this pattern because it has a large pocket covered by a flap that will keep necessaries from falling out when you bend over. This was the deciding factor, folks, I’ve been thinking about pocket security for a couple of years now. I just hope the pocket is not so deep that reaching things becomes a problem
Cell phone, seed packets, notepad, pencil, tape measure and ruler, should all be safe from falling out.
I have yet to set in the sleeves (decreasing the upper chest width in the process) and inserting elastic to sleeve and bottom hems. I don’t want pull cords danging, these are work clothes and should not attract my attention away from what I’m doing. I have enough problems being distracted by the birds flitting around without my clothes adding complications
I hope I finish this up today, that my time will not be spent trying to figure out computer problems!
Onion 1045 line drawing